Tuesday, February 21, 2012 / 2:25 PM
When I’m not covering hard-hitting fashion news for stlmag.com, I’m designing shoes for the new (local) women’s fashion brand, Vogue, so building my shoe wardrobe each season is très importante! The rough life of being a shoe designer often takes me to austere places such as New York and L.A., where I spend a few days shopping ‘til I drop and focusing solely on what’s hot in women’s shoes. This past week took me first to L.A. ,and then to the Platform shoe show in Vegas to hawk our spring and fall collections. A whole convention center full of fabulous footwear? Yes, please! Here are my top 11 (affordable!) takeaways that every woman must have for spring. Happy shopping!
1. High-Shine Metallics (especially rose gold): Ivanka Trump Pinkish Pump
2. Color-Blocking (and patterned platform & heel): BCBG Milan Color-Blocked Sandal
3. New Neutral (plus the chunky heel & single sole): Sam Edelman Yelena Sandal
4. High-Color Python (the heel shape and ankle strap are perfectly on trend): Alice & Olivia Una Painted Snake Heel
5. Pointed-Toe Pump (and high-color fish scale. SPLURGE!): Alexander Wang Aida Pumps
6. Sporty Mesh (that coral is fab, too): Scooter Sporty Platform Sandal
7. Lucite Heel (the transparent tortoise heel is to die for): Vogue Angel on Ice
8. Chunky Heel (in the season’s hottest color, mint): Vince Camuto Bello Ankle-Strap Sandal
9. Neon Pop (the metal detail on the heel is huge, too): Diane von Furstenberg Elan Runway Sandal
10. Simple, Flat Sandal (in brights with gold hardware): DV by Dolve Vita Archer Sandal
11. Cap-toe Ballet Flats (and leopard, studs & spikes): Sam Edelman Beatrix Flats
Subscribe to The Good, The Bad & The Lovely posts in your favorite feed reader.